Richard S. Kolomejec Image

Richard S. Kolomejec

Practice is Devoted 100% to U.S. Immigration and Nationality

468 Jackson St.
3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111


I am an attorney specializing in immigration law. For the past 10 years, I have assisted hundreds of individuals and their families obtain legal status in the United States. My practice is devoted 100% to U.S. immigration and nationality law. My rates are very reasonable, payment plans are available, and major credit cards are accepted. My office is conveniently located 1 block from USCIS (formerly known as INS). I always offer a free telephone consultation.

My Areas of Practice Include:

Family-Based Petitions

Family-based petitions include those filed by U.S. citizens and permanent residents on behalf of their immediate relatives (e.g., spouses, parents, siblings, and children). If your immediate relative is a U.S. citizen, then you may be eligible to adjust your status in the United States. Once the paperwork is filed, you can immediately qualify for a work permit and travel permit. The work permit will allow you to obtain a social security card and a California I.D. or Driver’s License. The green card is usually given to you after your interview at the local immigration office. Please call for current processing times.
Back to Top

Working Visas

If you hold at least a bachelor’s degree and have a valid job offer in that field, you may be eligible to work in the United States by obtaining a working visa (H-1B). H-1B visas are generally good for 3 years and allow for a 3-year extension. Even part-time positions may qualify you. Call for a free telephone consultation.
Back to Top

Travel Permits

Travel permits allow an applicant who has filed for permanent residency to return to the U.S. after foreign travel. Travel Permits can be valid for up to 1 year and can be used for multiple entries. There does not need to be an emergency to qualify for this type of travel permit and there is no need to obtain a visa before you return. Please call to see if you qualify for a travel permit.
Back to Top

Re-Entry Permits

Re-entry permits allow a lawful permanent resident (i.e., green card holder) to stay outside the U.S. for up to 2 years without abandoning their green card. Please call to discuss.
Back to Top

Fiancé Visas

Fiancé visas (K-1) are for U.S. citizens who wish to bring their fiancés to the United States to marry. Upon entry, the fiancé is given 90 days to marry. To qualify for a fiancé visa, you must have physically met the person you are marrying within the past two years. Sufficient evidence of the physical meeting is required. Fiancé visas can be issued in cases where the fiancé was denied a tourist visa or student visa. Please call for current time frames.
Back to Top

Spousal Visas

Spousal visas (K-3) allow a U.S. citizens to bring their spouse to the United States quicker than the traditional immigrant visa route. Once in the United States, the foreign spouse is able to adjust status. A work permit, as well as a social security card and California I.D. or Driver’s License, is available after their entry into the U.S. Please call for current time frames.
Back to Top

Student Visas

If you are currently in the United States as a visitor and would like to attend an English language school, college or university, you may be eligible to change your status in the United States without having to apply for a student visa abroad. The paperwork is filed through the mail and a decision is made without the need for an interview. Please call to see if you qualify for a student visa.
Back to Top

Tourist Visas

If you are currently in the United States on a visitor visa in B-1 or B-2 status, you may be eligible to extend you stay for an additional amount of time (i.e., up to 6 months). After an extension, you may then be eligible to change or adjust your status depending upon your situation. Please call to discuss.
Back to Top

U.S. Citizenship

For those who have held a green card for at least 5 years (3 years for those married to U.S. citizens), you may be eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship. U.S. Citizenship allows you to travel on a U.S. passport and vote in upcoming elections. Please call to see if you qualify for citizenship.
Back to Top

Direct Connect





« Back
Next »
« Back
Next »
« Back