Immigration Lawyer Locator

Steven C. Thal

10580 Wayzata Blvd | 100
Minnetonka, MN 55305

Steven C. Thal | Minnetonka Minnesota Immigration Lawyer

10580 Wayzata Blvd | 100
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Telephone: 952-541-1090 | Fax: 952-541-1186

Minnetonka Minnesota Immigration Lawyer - Steven C. Thal

The firm of Steven C. Thal, P.A. has been helping clients achieve their immigration and visa goals since 1982.

The firm offers a complete range of immigration law services. It helps corporations obtain the talent they need to compete and prosper by obtaining visas for executives, professionals, and technical workers. It helps reunite families by obtaining visas for parents, children, spouses, and fiancés of U.S. citizens.

Steven C. Thal, P.A. is a full service immigration law firm. It provides customized advice and representation to meet the individual needs of each client. In every immigration matter, the firm will work to:

Thoroughly understand the client's needs, concern's and goals.

  • Apply its experience and expertise to determine the fastest and most cost-effective solution
  • Prepare all petitions, applications, and supporting documentation correctly and completely
  • Follow up with all parties involved, to keep the process moving forward to a successful conclusion
  • Respond promptly to client questions and concerns, and keep you informed at all stages of the process

The U.S. immigration system is complex and confusing. Steven C. Thal, P.A. can successfully navigate through the system and help you achieve your immigration goals.

About the Attorney

Since graduating cum laude from University of Minnesota Law School in 1982, Steven C. Thal has practiced immigration law exclusively.

He has taken leadership positions in several immigration law associations, serving as past Chair of the Minnesota/Dakota chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). For the national AILA, he served on the AILA Essential Workers Committee, the AILA Immigration Works Committee, and the AILA InfoNet Committee, and chaired the Technology Seminar Committee and the Legislative Ways and Means Committee. Mr. Thal edits articles for AILA’s publication, Immigration Law Today as part of the editorial advisory board.

Steven C. Thal has received the AILA National Presidential Commendation for "creative and tireless advocacy" on behalf of immigrants.

He is AV-rated* under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system, and has been named a SuperLawyer in immigration law by Minnesota Law and Politics magazine.

The practice of Steven C. Thal, P.A. encompasses all aspects of immigration law, including:

Green Cards and Permanent Residence — obtaining permanent residence status for family members, executives and employees, professionals and skilled workers, and through the Green Card Lottery.

Employment-Based Immigration — temporary and permanent visas for executives, managers, professionals, and technical workers.

Family-Based Immigration — obtaining visas for family members and fiancés.

Naturalization — helping clients become U.S. citizens.

Non-Immigrant Visas — temporary visas for the purposes of employment, study, travel, or other purposes.

Deportation and Removal — defense of removal actions in all venues of the administrative and judicial systems.

Asylum and Temporary Protected Status — helping victims of persecution, violence, and natural disasters obtain temporary and permanent residence in the U.S.

Steven C. Thal, P.A. serves clients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and other states, as well as assisting clients abroad in consular and port-of-entry processing matters.

What's New
National Interest Waiver
H-1B Visa
PERM Labor Certifications
Immigrant Visas and Green Cards
Non-Immigrant Visas
Links to other Immigration related Websites
Contact us

The process of petitioning USCIS in Minnesota to bring your family or relatives to the United States as a permanent resident will depend on your own immigration status.

If you are a U.S. citizen, you may sponsor the following relatives for immigration to the United States:

  • Your spouse (husband or wife),
  • Your sons and daughters (regardless of their age and whether or not they are married), and
  • Your parents, brothers, and sisters (if you are age 21 or older).

You must submit an application for each relative that you are requesting to bring to the U.S. The first form you need to complete is Form I-130, a Petition for Alien Relative. Failure to complete the application or sign the application can result in a rejection of your request. Once you complete the application, you must also attach proof of your relationship, evidence of your U.S. citizenship, and the correct filing fees.

If the relative you are sponsoring is an immediate family member, they will be able to bypass the usual waiting lists. Immediate family members include spouses, parents, and unmarried children under 21 years of age. Other family members will be placed on a waiting list of other visa applicants from their country. Once your application is received and approved, you must sign an affidavit, Form I-864, acknowledging your willingness and ability to support the relative that you are seeking to sponsor. The final step is for USCIS to issue a visa authorizing your relative to come to the United States.

Process for Green Card Holders

If you are a green card holder, you may petition for the following parties to come to the United States:

  • Your spouse (husband or wife), and
  • Your unmarried sons and daughters.

As a green card holder, the process for bringing a relative to the United States is similar to those discussed above. You must first submit a Form I-130 for each relative you would like to bring to the U.S., and follow all subsequent procedures. The difference in the two processes relates to waiting periods. Relatives of U.S. citizens will get first priority on waiting lists, whereas relatives of green card holders will receive secondary priority.

If you have questions about the process applicable to your situation, consult an Minnesota Immigration Lawyer to guide you through the required forms and procedures.

Contact Steven C. Thal

Current Country of Residence

Reason for Contact


Security Code